PURCHASE DISCLAIMER: Fabspeed Motorsport does not condone the use of emission defeat devices for any vehicles used on public streets or roadways. Fabspeed Motorsport will not tamper, remove, disable, or bypass emissions equipment on a motor vehicle in accordance with 40 CFR Section 86.1854.12(a)(3), Clean Air Act 40 CFR 1068.101(b). This includes software, known as tunes, that reprogram a motor vehicles electronic control module to alter engine performance and enable the removal of filters, catalysts, and other critical emissions controls.
This high performance X-Pipe replaces the OEM catalytic converters with 200-cell HJS Sport Cats for improved power and sound. By optimizing air flow, your Carrera will sound and perform even better than it already does.
With free flowing cats and an investment cast X-Pipe this system will give a nice increase in volume while also smoothing out the exhaust note of your flat 6.
We thoroughly dyno tested this system and after many revisions we were able to design a system that adds 16 whp and 19 ft/lbs of torque.
- Fits all Porsche 993 Carrera vehicles (1994-1998)
- Includes German-manufactured 200-cell HJS Emissions technology OBD2 Sport Catalytic Converters for improved power and sound
- Adds 12 whp and 19 ft-lbs of torque
- Saves 8 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
- Constructed from CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for maximum quality, performance and durability
- Simply bolt-on installation; no cutting or welding required
- Optimized for maximum performance with NO catalyst generated check engine light, guaranteed
- A great OEM replacement option if OEM parts cannot be found
- Includes all required hardware and gaskets
- Constructed from mandrel bent T304L stainless steel
- Simple DIY bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
- The original factory ball-joint clamps must be re-used when installing Fabspeed exhaust products on all 993 Carrera vehicles.
- The 993 Carrera Sportcat X-Pipe can be ordered with either Bischoff style flanges or Gillet style flanges. Vehicles manufactured from 1994 through mid-1996 require Bischoff style flanges, while vehicles manufactured from mid-1996 through 1998 require Gillet style flanges. Please refer to the above photo and verify on your vehicle before ordering.
Why We Choose HJS Catalytic Converters:
HJS German imported catalytic converters are made from some of the highest grade materials you can find in a catalytic converter. This yields high performance gains and longevity so it wont deteriorate over time like lower grade catalytic converters. These catalytic converters flow up to 93-95% of a straight pipe in most applications. The benefit is that you get the "straight pipe sound" while still being able to provide enough emissions scrubbing to prevent a check engine light. If you'd like to learn more, watch our video about HJS catalytic converters.
Sport Catalytic Converter (STREET) - This product removes the OEM catalytic converters from the vehicle, and as such, is strictly intended for closed track events and off-road use only. This product contains a High-Flow Sport Catalytic Converter solely intended for track and race cars as it is NOT California Air Resources Board Certified and not EPA certified. You are hereby informed and warned to check your local, state, and federals laws before buying and installing these or any aftermarket parts to be sure whether usage is in violation. All installation-risk and use-risk is borne by the end-user and installer of these parts.
Cat Bypass (RACE) - This product removes the OEM catalytic converters from the vehicle, and as such, is strictly intended for closed track events and off-road use only. This product is or contains a Racing Cat Bypass Pipe, which will give you check engine lights on OBD2 cars. Racing Cat Bypass Pipes are solely intended for track and race cars as they are NOT California Air Resources Board Certified and not EPA certified. You are hereby informed and warned to check your local, state, and federals laws before buying and installing these or any aftermarket parts to be sure whether usage is in violation. All installation-risk and use-risk is borne by the end-user and installer of these parts.