The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by GiroDisc in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
Once the GiroDisc system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed - contact us for replacements.
- Fits all 981 Cayman GT4 vehicles from 2015-2016
- Lighter than stock brakes
- Perfect solution for vehicles seeing track use - saving you from costly OE ceramic replacements
- Direct factory replacement
- Improved braking performance
- Reduced unsprung weight
- Increased rotor life
- Greater cooling efficiency
- Retains factory e-brake
- Premium grade; made in U.S.A.
NOTE: When converting from carbon ceramic brakes to GiroDisc iron rotors we STRONGLY recommend replacing all four rotors in order to maintain the factory brake bias and controlled braking in all driving conditions.